Monday, September 17, 2007

Partners in Crime

This is The Thing of the Moment's 2500th Post.

I started The Thing of the Moment on Dec 16th 2004 just to see how blogger worked intending it as a way to post some old family Christmas photos and has since grown, of course, to a Monumental and Majestic blah blah blah compromising this photoblog, The Thing of the Moment Gallery and a massive flickr site.

It's drawn old friends, new friends, strangers, stalkers, lurkers and customers. It's nearly been killed off a couple of times in panic or frustration. In its short life it's made me learn more about photography, writing, and of course blogging. It's also made me learn more about other people and myself. It's taught me I'm the worst editor in the world. It's taught me that I'm terribly vain and proud on one hand and truly humble on the other. It's made me learn to live with contradictions. It's taught me the power and exposure of the new media which I have at times used for mean and petty ends and sometimes for good.

It takes more than a smart ass and a camera to keep a blog going for 2500 posts. It also takes the best Gentle Viewers in the World.

I sincerely thank you all for having nothing better to do.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. For you this is positively sentimental. Cheers to another 2500 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog - it's one of my few Bloglines subscriptions and I regularly tell others about it. Thanks for letting us see your world through your lens. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Oh God. Are you having some sort of emotional crisis again?

    2. 2500 posts in less than 3 years. HmmmmmM.

    3. 'compromise' probably wasn't the word you wanted (see '2 above)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! The Northampton County Jail has blocked blogger.com now, so this will be my last comment.

    Thanks for the mammaries. I mean memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can wax poetic anytime, kirlin. We love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're most welcome. The people I would be stalking in real life if I could not stalk you online thank you, too.

    Now, make with the pictures, Kirlin. I need my daily fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I've been away from here for so long..never again.. Congratulations on this 2500th post!! Thankfully, you were never frustrated or panicked enough to jump ship. =) Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White