Sunday, January 18, 2009

LaCie® 250GB Hard Drives

LaCie copyrights their emails so I can't show you the email response I received from a customer service representative but allow me to share that I was advised to watch my language. :)

But they can't copyright this...

If you need an external hard drive and are looking for one that is loud, runs hots, and then quits with no notice and causes you to lose all 250GB of your data, then RUN out and buy any of the fine line of LaCie hard drives.

My apologies go to Western Digital, which I recently trashed for failing but ONLY after limping in and allowed me to transfer 500GB of data toa new SeaGate drive. I now consider Western Digital to be the brave little soldier of hard drives.

LaCie? The data surrender monkeys.

LaCie = Useless Garbage. You'll thank me.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. OUCH. ouuuuuuuuchhhhhhh.

    You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly endorse and agree with this statement and wish I had seen it before I backed my entire digital life to Lacie 250g hardrive in order to for and restore my laptop.

    After restoring my laptop I began getting some info off the drive but was not in any hurry then suddenly all the Lacie drive will do is "Click...Click...click" The wondrous sounds of the drive head stack crashing.

    My e-mail to Lacie was in regards to possible warranty replacement but first and foremost what their recommendations were for data recovery on their product.

    The response I got was "It sounds like your drive can be repaired but simply reformatting it"

    I replied that they were a bunch of morons and that I know very much what that sound means on a Hard drive.

    I am pretty certain the only way to fix for sure is to remove the platters to another working drive or replace the head stack from a working drive to this one. There may be some other options but still likely needs to be done in a clean room.

    Lost all my Families Digital pics from 2 Disneyland trips and Yellowstone vacation plus tons documents and files acquired over time

    now I have an e-mail that says your job ticket is about to expire is there anything further we can do to help you.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White