Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lindy - A Crossover Hit

See? This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

This is Lindy. She's a spot working carnie which means she's a local who works for the show while it's here. She may just think she's a spot worker but *I* think she's a carnie in the finest sense of the word. When I first started taking photos down there she was one of the first to YELL at me to take more photos. As a result, she's one of the most photographed.

She contacted me by email a week or so ago remining me that I said I'd show her all the images. Maybe 60 or 70 of them from this and the past couple of seasons. Which brings us to this photo.

There are, in the carnival business, websites which are focused on and for the industry. Matt's Carnival Warehouse is one. Carny Town is another. The "Trades" as it were. Well, the guy from Carny Town keeps finding my images when I post them to flickr or The Carnies or here. And he recently saw the images of Lindy. And posted this one as you can see HERE. And he gave me another VERY kind plug.

And underneath it, he wrote "Check out the joy of being a Carny!"

Check it out, indeed. I had never really paid much attention this this shot because it's BURIED in 70 other images of Lindy and 5450 other images of the show that year.

So thanks to Carny Town for the plugs and showing me my own photo so I can appreciate it properly.

1 comment:

  1. yup - still love it - although I like my version of the story better (you know the one where they are madly in love and he's hugging her - not just taking her harness off)

    ReplyDelete

Jen White