Saturday, June 09, 2007

Coke Bottle Bottom

I was going to write some caption about how Coke Bottles used to have the city of the local bottler stamped on the bottom and how there are so many fewer bottlers now and the bottles aren't even glass and totally unworthy for distinctive eyewear and how you kids with your Pearle Visions and your Polycarbonate lenses, and your The Internets, don't have any history!

Then I got distracted reading about how The Coca-Cola company actually ONLY makes syrups that it sells to Coca-Cola Bottlers who own franchises with the exception of fountain services where the Coca-Cola Company sells syrup directly to the local seller then lo and behold, 2 hours passed.

Wikipedia is like that, Gentle Viewers.

Posted for Macroday: Bottom
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. So... is this your bottle? Where'd you find it? Where do you normally keep it, if it's yours?

    (Don't mind me. I'm just a half-assed antique bottle collector.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I clicked on 'distinctive eyewear.' Plastic coke bottle glasses just wouldn't cut it.
    Remember those young folks have their own history which we are not privy to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. josy: It is! next winter I'll post my entire old bottle collection. They were new when I bought them but I hate cleaning out the fridge. It's on top of the fridge now to make room for the butter I bought that same week in 1968. These are half assed antique bottles!!!

    susan d: They do???

    ReplyDelete

Jen White