Friday, June 01, 2007

On why I am lowly and humble (in addition to your photographic servant)

I recently ordered and obviously received the Sigma 10-20 1:4-5.6 DC HSM. Who knew? Anyone who has been within earshot or screenshot for the past 2 weeks as I had become obsessed with it and its shipping (UPS, don't get me started).

And why? Why get a 500 dollar wide angle lens? For you, Gentle Viewer. Only for you. So that you may be enthralled with these CLEARLY 'YOU HAD TO BE THERE' shots which I now see makes no sense unless you know where these subjects REALLY are in relation to my camera.

Well, the tree in the top shot was about 1 inch from the end of my lens and the door on the bottom? I reached forward and knocked on it from where I stood after taking this shot. Yeah, that's the wide I'm talking about.

So where does the lowly and humble part come in, you vain braggart, you ask?


My life's work, also known as The Thing of the Moment, gets about a hundred Gentle Viewers per day. Most of them blindly finding their way in from Google looking for something I've name dropped in a post only to be duped into looking at photos of, well, things. They leave as quickly as they came vowing to read search engine descriptions more carefully next time. The rest usually come from photomemes or people I specifically TELL to look. (There is a picture of you naked on my site, if you find it I'll take it down).

Go on, vain braggart, you say, get to the lowly and humble part already.

Today has been a record setting day. Over 500 hits! Surely a recognition of the improved photographic efforts put forth both in time AND money?

No.

Because I took a photo, with a cheap point and shoot, of a semi transparent chess piece with an interior stairway and it got a CASUAL PASSING mention on a WAR GAME MINIATURE BULLETIN BOARD. How does it possibly bring 500 hits to The Thing of the Moment?

Because I checked its stats and War Game Miniatures gets 100,000 hits per DAY.
The Thing of the Moment? 100,000 since December 2004.

lowly and humble?

Oh, yeah.

2 comments:

  1. The thing I like most about The Thing of the Moment...is that kirlin is "lowly and humble". It is what made this casual Googler place this blog on "my favorites". Keep up the "Meek" facade. It flatters you.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White