Friday, June 01, 2007

Why Do I Do Everything He Asks?

Because he is Gentle Viewer SPK, that's why. And he gets all my other Gentle Viewers to gang up on me like new Gentle Viewer JosyC.

Above is the image of the Trenton Sea Plane Ramp without my major kick ass, I-know-ya-wanna-touch-it-but-ya-can't-because-it'll-freeze-your-fingers-it's-so-cool, wide angle lens on the day they took apart the rotting whale carcass. A day of great celebration and levity, indeed.

Now Josy and SPK, pay attention here. See that line where it goes from pavement to granite stones? I was INSIDE that line when I took the wide angle shot. Yeah. SEE? That's what I'm talking about. If, in that WIDE photo, that camera was on a tripod, I would just BARELY be able to walk between the tripod and the front bumper of that truck.
(Of course, with proper dieting and exercise....)

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap Batman.

    I almost didn't believe that this is the same place, I mean - c'mon!

    Then, I actually counted the blocks and realized that it WAS!

    If I was you, I would NEVER STOP taking pictures with that lens!!!!!!! DUDE! I NEED IT, I NEED IT NOW. And it's a Sigma to go along with my macro sigma lens.

    Next request: Tripod a shot with the wide andgle, then switch lenses to the standard 14-18 mm (or what ever you have) and take that shot.

    You have no idea how awesome I think that lens is now.

    (oh, and I fixed my profile so people can actually click on my name now and get to my bloggie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripes.

    That... that is CLOSE. And yet so far away.

    I'm not counting stones, and I'm not using a bazillion exclamation points to express my excitement, but that IS admittedly pretty freaking cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spk: I think you just got pwned by a very low keyed Josy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone expresses themselves in different ways, and I am happy with me.

    (that's what my therapist told me to say)

    ReplyDelete
  5. c'mon jk, you might fool these other folks, but I know that's not the lens - it's just the difference between high and low tide in maine!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White