Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lensbaby Accessories

As Regular Gentle Viewers know, I really only have a photoblog so I can buy camera stuff. Using it is secondary. And as Carlo Ferroni once noted "He takes pictures because he has a camera." To that end, I recently bought the accessory lens kit for the Lensbaby.

I generally use The Thing of the Moment as a crying towel about shopping and service injustices and then sit back like a gleeful lunatic as I see Google hits on my targets. *THIS* time, Gentle Viewers (mark your calendars) I have nothing but praise.

I spent a few hours the other night studying and picking apart the Lensbaby website and worrying about the SMALLEST details (which would take anyone else minutes, if at all) and enlisted friends to help me interpret my MANY readings of the simplest of lens descriptions looking for hidden meanings and trying to read BETWEEN the lines, where all the good stuff is. They finally suggested I write kirsten@lensbabies.com who is the Director of Customer Happiness.

She must be sitting at her computer right now waiting for mail from YOU, because she responds within minutes. Basically she said "Dude, calm down, it's a lensbaby accessory lens kit, not rocket science" or something to that effect. So I bought the KIT which include the Macros kit AND the Wide/Tele conversions lenses, the effect of which can be seen below.

Wide
Regular
Tele
So how do I rate my experience?

The kit was $114 and arrived almost as fast as kirsten's email (free shipping!).

And anything that makes my camera look like THAT and allows me to STAY at my desk and take photo rather than have to GET UP OUT OF MY CHAIR And WALK back and forth?

Oh Yeah...VERY satisfied.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen White