Monday, July 21, 2008

A LENSBABY MYSTERY (solved)

Above is a Canon Inc. ABS Rear Lenscap which protects the back of any Canon EOS Mount Lens. Next slide please.
Here we have a Canon Rear Lens Cap of a clearly older vintage, possibly an FD Mount rear lens cap, and I know this for a fact because it doesn't fit any of my Canon EOS mount lenses EVEN THOUGH I just pulled it out of my camera bag and don't recall ever having a Canon FD mount lens or ever finding an extra rear lens cap ANYPLACE. Then, the other day, I FIND ANOTHER CANON FD REAR LENSCAP in my camera bag which fits NO lenses! Or maybe it's the other I took out and set on my bookcase next to the box of some spare front and rear lenscaps I bought on eBay and accidentally put it into my camera bag even though I WOULD NEVER just put a rear lens cap in the bag. And, by the way....where do I keep losing my Lensbaby Accessory Lenscaps? Next slide.

OoooooooOOooooohh....gotcha.

Yeah...I emailed Sam Pardue the VP of Lensbaby and Kirsten Hunter, the Director of Customer Happiness at Lensbaby LIKE A FREAKING DORK to see if it was possible to get Replacement Accessory Lenscaps. Their optic nerves much still be stretched out for the eyeroll they must have given THAT email.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. dude, send them to me. I lose those things at a terrifying rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I am glad you solved the mystery:)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Jen White