Tuesday, April 26, 2005

People at Work: Roofers


Now I know what you are saying dear Gentle Viewers, truly, I do. It would have been MUCH more dramatic taking the shots from the STREETS with a background of nothing but GLORIOUS UNENDING SKY to frame our roofing friends much in the way THIS FABULOUS PHOTO was shot.

However, As frequent Gentle Viewers will recognize, having this vista shoved down their little chicken gullets in the past, this shot is taken from my desk. To get a photo from the street would requires me to GET UP and go to the STREET after a hard day of work at, well, my OTHER desk.

And why live high up in castle on a hill if you can't look down on the happy townsfolks toiling in the sun, I always say. Besides, I don't like to be taking pictures UP at people who can shoot nails DOWN on me.

7 comments:

  1. Point well taken, I hear those nails really hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord of the Manor: I like the way the eyes search on this pic. Mine were drawn to the pointy thing, then to the dudes working with the pointy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with the shot from where I'm sitting. Some of us just want a window into where other people live and work, not necessarily award winning shots.

    This says more to me than the guy on the bridge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you live in the town from Beetlejuice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good to be able to look down on people. You do it quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. epps: They do. :) Are you guys home?

    girl: You can't have enough pointy things in a photo to please me.

    alexandra: But didn't the guy have a SWEET Charlie Chaplin wrench? That was the Sea Dragon, a carnival ride.

    aughra: I do.

    bassett: I do.

    abhi: It certainly does. I find most things do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bikini Schkipini. Zoom in on those construction dudes, and I'll be a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White