Friday, August 26, 2005

Boston (and May God Have Mercy on its Soul.)


What, you ask, is locked up so tightly behind this big fat gate?

MY ABILITY TO TAKE A DECENT PHOTO, APPARENTLY!

I was whining to my new blog friend, Invictus Oculus about how, for me, photography is a solitary pursuit. I'm reduced to snapshooting when anyone is around and SUCKING snapshooting at that.

Then I wonder why I can't even PAY my non-blog friends to look at my blog. I practically have to hand over hand them just to get them to bring it up on their browsers ONCE.

AND THEY NEVER BOOKMARK IT! Philistines! MONKEYS!

But I digress.

I went to Boston to meet a friend for dinner and thought I would take several hundred stunning jaw dropping photos and took nothing but CRAPOLA!

I didn't have it.

You ever have days like that, Gentle Viewer?

Do ya?

Yeah ya do.

But you know what you do?

You maintain your diginity and not post!

BUT NOT ME, BABY!

Enjoy the banality! Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. I've given up on getting my non-blog friends to look at my blogs. I have only two people out of all the ones that I badgered who are regulars now. My mother for my photoblog and one of long time friends for my text blog. It is so obvious to me how cool blogging is, but I guess not to the world at large. You're blogging friends are here for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laanba. *sniff sniff*

    Ok, so my brother and sister-in-law. But I think just to see why the hell I am taking so many photos of their kids.

    Oh..and my neice.

    BUT THAT IS IT! MONKEYS! PHILISTINES! Heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, what's wrong with monkeys?

    (and I don't even -try- to get people IRL to look at either of my blogs, unless there's something specific I want to show them.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banality is sometimes genius in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only JKirlin (who is probably checking out my blog only as part of his campaign to be the next Pope Benedict) and my son (who I force to see my blog because I keep setting his home page to it) see my blog regularly. Not even fellow bloggers visit it. Not even my mom visits it! And even my daughters have taken to selective deafness when I call them over to see the latest each evening.

    sniff, sniff. To have such talent as mine go unrecognized. Then when I die my kids will finally "discover" me, sell all my work and become gazillionaires.

    I have to go wipe the tears from my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. monkey 0: No offense. :)

    jenn see: I.knew.you.would.

    PG: See me steal the thing that you did after Jenn See? I steal all my original ideas.

    aughra: you are very kind, grasshopper.

    Invictus: I have found the secret to making it interesting to the next generation is to put them in it and then get a Blog Ency rivalry going among them. Then they start to check it.

    CHANGING HOME PAGES!!! BRILLIANT! If it can work for Spammers it can work for US! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a sock monkey may have saved this shot from banality. Where is he when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DID a check list, too!

    camera..check

    batteries...check

    memory cards....check

    sock monkey?...DAMN IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No offense, you say, JK? We monkeys always take offense.

    It's the non-monkeys who refuse to read my blog. It's ridiculous, really, I get all nervous about posting something, knowing my dad might see it, but does he ever? Of course not. All those nerves, wasted.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White