Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Going Once, Going TWICE!

So I'm at Chesley's Auction Gallery years ago and enjoying a rousing evening of competetive shopping, homemade pie, and steamed hotdogs with my wife of the moment and generally not paying enough attention because when I see THIS my hand shoots HIGH INTO the air, above the masses not worthy enough to own this little sign and I JUST hear Roger Chesley say "Who'll give me One Hundred Fifty for this sign?"

I look up at my IDIOT hand and can NOT pull it down fast enough. It's hanging up there like a balloon. You can practically see my wrist getting longer as I'm forcing my arm down but my hand stays up. I'm about to use my OTHER hand when Roger turns and sees me which earns 2 raised eyebrows from him. I finally get it down and he waits, then asks 'You ok?' earning a chuckle from the unworthy masses.
I ended up with the sign for 10 bucks. Posted for Thursday Challenge: Signs

5 comments:

  1. funny...
    ahhaha
    thank god is not some antique or diamond or crystal or whtsoever tht could caused you a bomb...

    hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since HER moment has (obviously) passed, um... are you taking applications for future moments? ;)

    And you made me giggle, at 0415. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an image of Roger Rabbit... big white-gloved hand, long Silly Putty stretching arm and a sheepish look on his face. "Pl-l-l-l-l-l-ease???? May I have that sign?"

    Wife of the moment. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just some things you HAVE to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. zbjernak: Exaaaaaaaactly.

    leigh, toady and wrath: Ihave Post Editor KJ to thank for that line, I had left it as 'wife' since we were married then but it got me some big frownie faces.

    wrath: YES! You got it.

    jmd: And more importantly, keep other from having.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White