Tuesday, May 15, 2007

jkirlin, blind photographer

On my recent outing to Frenchboro on the Swan's Island Ferry, I THOUGHT I was subject of a little game crewmembers play on unsuspecting photographers wherein one crew member casually says something like: "Look, there are 2 deer on the beach, get a picture!" then I looked out and try to see the island they are referring to let alone the beach and let alone anything on it.

Then a second crewmember casually came out and added, "and there's a bald eagle sitting on a rock, get a picture of THAT." So I looked to see where their faces were pointing, stuck my camera over there and snapped away. I ccouldn't see anything. These shots are taken with a 35mm equivelent of 432mm lens.

I THINK the rest of the conversation behind me went something like this: "And there's a fly on the deer's ear", "And the fly's got mites." So I just I pretended that I actually SAW what they were talking about and decided to let them get one over on the photographer...

Deer centered, eagle in lower right,

Eagle centered, deer in upper right.

I'll be damned, they were right.

4 comments:

  1. Don'tcha HATE that?

    By the way, I highly recommend LASIK surgery. Makes life so much more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book well in advance for that LASIK thing. They're going to need the military-use laser for your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Boy, do I resemble that post/remark.

    Can't tell you the number of times I've pointed my camera at what looked like Interesting Nothing, only to find Something Surprising in the image.

    (Why can't I tell you? My memory's going, as much as my eyes and mind are.)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Jen White