Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"I really like your electricity. I try to use some almost every day."


I pay my electric bill quarterly. It's small. Those things they send you every month? I consider those to be statements. The Disconnect Notice? THAT is the bill. So a couple of months ago, I just sent them an email to let them know I had paid my account online and included the above sentence. The next day I get the nicest call from the Electric Company from a woman who spoke to me in short sentences using very easy to understand language about how if I need help paying my bill they'd be happy to assist me in any way they could.

Post for Lensday: Electricity

Anyway, why this shot? I HATE the power lines. I wish all utilities were buried. They are usually the bane of our photographic existance. My very first PS photo modifications were just removing power lines from shots. This is one of the few shots that I think that power lines ADD something. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Has anyone ever told you to grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mostly a third-world and North American phenom, in the UK and Europe, these things are all underground, where they belong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that line. I may have to steal it.

    The picture I like, too. But you gotta know, I'm a words person, so I read your blog almost as much for your little descriptions as for the pictures.

    When a telephone marketer calls me, I like to reply, "I caught a fish today..."

    Shuts 'em up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous: only people who know me.

    Gillian: Those big electricity delivery trucks are COOL (unless you get behind one because they always have to stop for the railroad tracks)

    Alex: I suppose having to replace all of your telelphone poles after each war makes it a nuisance. :)

    cbilly: That line is available under a Creative Commons License so after you use it just mumble(attributable to Jeff Kirlin) and we are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story. I hate power lines too. I'm missed many a photographic opportunity from line. I think they should be buried too. It's interesting, this shot's got lines all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White