Friday, July 01, 2005

Photo Friday: Used


When I was a kid there was this person who owned a white firetruck and he'd drive from neighborhood to neighborhood and ring the bell and we'd all go running and climb on to it and hoot and holler and wave and be driven around town for a while. It didn't cost us anything and I don't even think we had permission from our parents. We were just outside playing and the white firetruck came and we piled on. This isn't the truck, but it always reminds me of it when I see it.

Whichever Gentle Viewer checks out this site from rentafiretruck.com. This is dedicated to you, my silent and uncommenting friend.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That's parked in someone's back garden? Tres bizarre mon ami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. timurilenk: they do indeed.

    alexandra: Oui! Le monde et fou, mon amie.

    And I know..it's why I won't tell my brother where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And with the 4th just around the corner, isn't it time to get out all those old cars and fire engines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it has an engine, a guy will collect it. Last weekend I went to a Milk Truck get together, and some of these guys hauled the restored milk delivery trucks to Chicago from California!!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White