Saturday, August 06, 2005


Ok..backstory first. I got into my car this morning to find THIS outside the driver window which made me wonder how long it had been since I USED the car. The little web thing goes from the mirror to back over my shoulder someplace. Initally I was just going to drive and see how much wind it would take to blow the spider and it's lunch from the side of my car, then I thought...."WAIT! I have Gentle Viewers who might be as creeped out by it as I AM!" So I pulled over and dug out the new Canon with it's silly 0cm macro and here we having lunch. For those curious, at speeds in excess of 40mph, the spider climbed to the mirror and hid inside the little cowling until I flicked it out with an old McDonald's soda straw and it lowered itself to the ground with a silk strand. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This is a great spider serie!
    What an adventure ! I am happy to hear that the spider survived in the end. I am sure this spider will be thankful to you for the rest of his life !

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!!

    by odilia

    http://www.odilialiuzzi.com/photoblog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Jeff, you really know how to gross out your viewers on spider lunch, or is that dinner, or maybe, breakfast? Who know, other than that was way TMI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spidey pics were cool, but it was this post's description that slayed me. It's all in the details, and I *loved* how you nailed that puppy with a straw, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White