Monday, August 01, 2005


SuperMaco setting lets me see that I need to dust my cell phone as well.

Now here is the deal with Supermacro, Gentle Viewer. Canon says it has a 0cm focus range, meaning if you want a photo of an ant's ass, it can sit on the lens.

HOWEVER the distance from the end of that big phallic lens to the CHIP is still a lot. You can fit a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and account for it's 1.8 cm focal range within it and not have an ant's assprint on the lens when you're done.

(For the record, I owned for 2 days an Olympus Camedia D535 which you can use as an ant's colonoscope. THAT is some serious macro. The rest of the Olympus was horrid though. Terrible white balance and NO viewfinder. How hard is it to drill a hole in a camera?) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cripes! You DO need to dust the cell phone...it's filthy.

    Oh wait, it's my screen that's dirty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's amazing to me how much i love this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White