Friday, May 13, 2005

The Book of Revelation


Back when I was poor, I wanted to read Alan Shephard's book Moon Shot, but I couldn't afford it. So being the adaptable boy genius that I was, I came up with 2 ideas. I could go over, nightly, to my local Border's and read a little bit of it every day until I was done, which was unlikely because I am such a looky lou and would never get it finished.

OR, I could BUY the book, take it home, and read it VERY carefully then return it with the receipt I had used as the bookmark saying something like...ummm...

"I really liked the book but it was given to me as a gift, with the receipt of course, and I already had one but it just doesn't..umm...fit........on my bookshelf?"

BUT IT SEEMED SO INCONVENIENT!

I JUST WISHED there was a PLACE YOU COULD GO and BORROW a DAMNED BOOK to read by like a certain date and then you take it back when you are done and someone else can read....

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOooOOooooooOOOOOooOh!

Which brings us to....Posted by Hello

4 comments:

  1. Nice shot.

    I just completed a series on the downtown Columbus library. It looks have been built about the same period as the library in your photograph. You might want to look at them at

    http://www.rskphotography.com/library/index.html

    Later,

    rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I got to thinking about the fact that I'd almost never just 'borrow' a book. My parents brought me up to be a book nazi I guess, so I own anything I read. Plus, when I was 7, I forgot to return a book to the library. We found it when I went off to college 11 years later ... I put it in the book drop and ran.

    ~b

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean someone had already come up with that idea? Incredible!
    I like your photos. I love the tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for shots like this. Good one!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White