Friday, May 13, 2005

The Towel Bar of Revelation


When I first lived alone in my own apartment many years ago, I found my laundry and apartment mess largely consisted of towels. Towels on the bed, on the back of the couch, on the kitchen table, you get the idea. Either someone was coming in and using my towels and throwing them around while I was at work, or I had always been picked up after.

Boy genius that I was, I decided that, *looking left, looking right* It was only ME, and...it was ONLY shower water...dried off my CLEAN body. So if I HUNG it up to dry, I could use it AGAIN and....shhh...no one would be the wiser.

So I am thinking I ONLY need a thing..like the width of a towel....only coming out a couple of inches from the wall..and I can hang my towel on it to dry and sneakily use it AGAIN.

A LITTLE TOWEL DRYING RACK®!

But where to put it? I walked around with my hands in front of me, thumbs pointing to each other and index fingers pointing to places I could put it. Like so I could see if it fit...

and then I found the perfect place! NEXT TO THE SINK! YES! Right...

where...

the towel bar was...

OOoOOOOOOoooooOoooOOOOoooOOOOH!

I never thought about putting a towel ON it. When I was a kid it was the towel DISPENSER.
Posted by Hello

4 comments:

  1. I see my sons' future in this post. Sad, isn't it? I *know* I'm doing too much but I just... can't... stop. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, YOU ARE SO MY UNCLE!! INTELLIGANCE MUST RUN IN THIS FAMILY, I THOUGHT OF THE SAME THINGS!! GREAT MINDS DO THINK ALIKE, AND HEY, WE ARE STUPID, BUT HEY, AT LEAST WE ARE DAMN GOOD AT IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White