Monday, September 12, 2005

JKirlin, The Ideal Tenant, presents "Another Reason Why I Rent"


Back during the bird feeder debacle a Gentle Viewer asked "Why don't you just buy a house of your own and put up the bird feeder, you frigging immature loser!"

Here is why (DAD!). I love this house. I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with it. If this house were a woman it would be a sexy, classy, old broad. I have a GREAT apartment and a GREAT view. Some of my best photos have been shot from the windows on the second floor. I love this house FAR more than my landlady does. (Seen here PAINTING MY HOUSE FOR ME FOR FREE)

More than once she's said to me, "You know, JKirlin, people usually get an apartment here for awhile until they get back on their feet, then they move on." I'm trying to get a 30 year lease.

Now I don't know if any of you Gentle Viewers have live in staff who heat and maintain your house for you as well as the grounds and keeps the driveway shoveled etc, but let me tell you something... It's gotten pricey since the Civil War.

So when people ask why I don't buy a house...to this I answer, I am buying one. For my landlords. And they've earned it. I love them both. *smooch*

1 comment:

  1. that is a beautiful place - that looks like some of the older houses in my home town. I lurve old houses.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White