Monday, July 16, 2007

Introducing The Thing of the Moment Gallery

Torekimi is constantly making me want to try to become a better photoblogger by the example she sets in her own photoblog that makes me CRINGE in it's goodness. The Thing of the Moment is good, GREAT even, but still lacking a certain ooomph.

Ever since I was a wee baby lowly and humble photographic servant I've wanted a Thumbnail Archive. Reasons for this include never being able to find photos in The Thing of the Moment because as you know it's a Monumental and Majestic Work of Epic Proportions and arranged chronologically. Chronologically might be good for you Gentle Viewers with memories, but for me, once things are a week old, they might as well me a decade old. (When did I buy that milk? Last week? 1998?)

Also, although both Blogger and Flickr will store images that ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LIFT YOUR EXTREMELY HEAVY MOUSE FINGER AND CLICK, no one will. They will click for new, but not for bigger. (SPK and photos showing skin the exclusion). I've also really gotten to like flickr for organizing photos but it's certainly no showcase, it's just not a photoblog, just ask laanba or luminouslens the Photobloggers Advocates General, we agree on an increasing number of points. The new www.jkirlin.net also is a One Photo per page format, and navigable using Bloggers Older Post/Newer Post buttons, takes advantage of Blogger's label (labels: downblouse, upskirt) making it still easier to find images as the library grows. Clicking on the full image itself will take you to the photo's Flickr page giving one a Photo Onanist's Fill of Everything you'd ever want to know about the image. EXIF data is so yesterday. Many thanks go to JosyC for showing me in steps that an infant could understand, how to make the modifications work.

Bookmark it, whatever. No tipping required. I realize that thousands of you (Jacob Kearns) will have to change your links from the old My-Expressions account but that was an interface I just couldn't get my face around, and I apologize in advance.

(Invitation not extended to the lovely Gentle Viewer TOM W but because www.jkirlin.net is a bastard child of Blogger and Flickr.)

So go take a look at the new www.jkirlin.net and stroll around the grounds until you feel at home.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Security must be lax. I was able to access it (for now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaked out at first! I thought it was your "Explore"..Hhehehe.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youuuuuuu're welcome.

    All the other bits that I can see and didn't help you with look tasty.

    By "tasty," I mean "sophisticated and very pretty."

    Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This means war Kirlin, I refuse to update the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stop, thief!

    -spk says aloud to himself. ahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaa

    ReplyDelete

Jen White