Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rock Climbing at Otter Cliffs




Your lowly and humble photographic servant will never be known as your lowly and humble rock climbing servant but MAY be known as your humble and lowly photographic servant who doesn't mind photographing things he'd never do in a MILLION years. I had seen from a distance, people climbing Otter Cliffs in Acadia National Park for years and in absence of this year Carnies shoot, I thought I'd try something different. I had taken a few that I wasn't very happy with and while back in the parking lot decided to give it one more shot when I saw a family arrive...

Yeah, that's right, I walked over to their little family gathering and said 'Hey, if you don't mind..." and they didn't!

It was probably easier and quicker than trying to call the Rangers and with any luck, I'd slip and fall and be dashed against the cliffs by the waves and bothering them no more.

Some of those shots and others can be seen here.

3 comments:

  1. Wait- so- if you wouldn't scale cliffs in a million years, how did you get these shots? By levitating above the climbers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bowing also. But I have one question. Just how did you get up there to take those pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Jen White