Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Thing of the Moment on this the Occasion of it's 4th Birthday

Appropriately enough without a photo.

The Thing of the Moment was started 4 years ago this evening as a way to show off some Christmas photos for my family and, like a few other online projects, just to see how it worked.

As a way to show images, it worked as expected.

As a way to make new friends, see old friends, meet and learn from some of the most talented photographers, bloggers, and enthusiasts of topics covered here, from all over the world, it has far exceeded expectations.

The Thing of the Moment would be nothing but a moment passed if not for you, Gentle Viewers.

I've enjoyed, far more than you can imagine, your comments, kind words, unkind words, support, inspiration, and challenges.

I humbly thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, don't be silly. There's no bottom to your heart, buddy.

    Which is meant to be a compliment, but now that's it's written down, I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on keeping the "Thing" going for 4 years. I've enjoyed every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all well and good Jeff...but I'm still waiting for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four years old?!? That explains a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, I want to sincerely thank you for this blog. Your open-heartedness (real word?) has been an inspiration to me and surely to many others. I can still recall the first time I stumbled upon this blog, saw the photo of the young girl catching raindrops on her tongue at Thunderhole and thought "this is the way to do a photoblog." I hope the Moment continues for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When people look back on this blog, and take a moment of retrospect and introspect, I sincerely believe they will say the most heartfelt "What?" you have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White