Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Silly Act of Kindess Remembered ala Lensbaby



I once worked for a Special Education Director named Scott Richardson who was the kindest, most graceful, most dignified, most gentle man I had ever met, even while constantly under seige. The day I told him I was leaving our school district to return to my home and attend Graduate School I noticed this little can of Herb Ox Chicken Boullion sitting on his desk as a paperclip holder. He had wrapped it in scotch tape to, I dunno, shore it up...pass some time?

I thought it so charming and nice that he was using his cast off garbage as office supplies that I asked him if I could have it and he handed it over. Possibly glad to be rid of the thing. Had his wife sent him to work with this can of 25 bullion cubes to provide him with 25 days worth of lunches?

Anyway, When he handed it over I'm sure he didn't think I'd be still using it 15 years later and thinking of him fondly everytime.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice tale. I hope I do something of this nature that is remembered 15 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sentimental of you, Kirlmeister.

    Hey, S...YOU HAVE! :^D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... this is such a sweet story.

    ..... where am I?

    ReplyDelete

Jen White