Friday, April 04, 2008

"Dear Lensbaby Arse Lick"




So begins a letter from Gentle Viewer Cryden, who continues, "What is with you and this Lensbaby® thing? You get a comment from the CEO (Samual Pardue) after shameless pandering and arse licking and the next thing you know you are acting like you are on the payroll!"

Now in fairness, some of you MUST remember when Canon Chairman and CEO Fujio Mitarai stopped by The Thing of the Moment and I took him to the woodshed because of my dislike of the poor quality of the finish of the Canon SD800IS. THINK BACK. Remember how after he was all sad about it? Yeah, I knew you'd remember.

Regular Gentle Viewers of The Thing of the Moment DO know, in fact, I am more likely to use this forum to vent or spew venom about real or imagined injustices rather than say nice things about a product I actually like. I had posted once before and mentioned how pleased I was with the customer (happiness) service and sort of joked about how the narrow and wide angle conversion lenses allow me to stay at my desk. But I really DO like it.

The Lensbaby® is a selective focus DSLR lens. This and the Canon 50 1.8 were the reasons I wanted a DSLR. (Well, that and so I could be a snob along with all the snobs I disliked so much for being DSLR snobs). I rarely use the Canon 50 but use the Lensbaby® almost daily. Along with the overused TtV and that Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens it's the most fun you can HAVE with your camera as torekimi is about to find out whether she wants to or not.

So for those of you who CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MY LENSBABY® (and you know who you are) I present:

The Thing of the Moment: Lensbaby®
The Thing of the Moment: Gallery: Lensbaby®
and The Thing of the Moment: flickr: Lensbaby® set.

I also take Lensbaby® requests and will do anything that doesn't permanently damage my Lensbaby® or my ability to sit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jen White