Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Thing of the Moment's Red Sock in the Wash: Norwegian Cruise Lines: Norwegian Spirit




I bought this new computer monitor a few months ago, it's like 8 by 10 feet. It's monstrous. And I recently linked all my external hard drives to the screen saver or so that I can sort of see the Drive In Movie Of My Life if my life were lived at random, out of context and only contained the moments I decided to photograph. God, that would be so GREAT.

I'm sure most of you do the same thing. BUT maybe you don't do THIS which is see an image, eye your computer suspiciously and wonder where THAT came from and WHO took it and HOW did it get on your hard drive only to find that, of course, YOU took it. It's not that it's high art or a great social statement (Like everything else on The Thing of the Moment) but it's an image that I see and think, That's not that BAD, maybe I should post it, because, you know, I have so few posts on here.

Anyway, so this is the first, and possibly the last, of a new series of photos that caught my eye as they showed up like a red sock in the wash on my screen saver. (You KNOW you've watched your wash. Don't lie!)

The Norwegian Spirit is one of the many cruise ships which come into Bar Harbor and I love them. They are a relatively recent addition and they fill the town with nice, interesting people who are not taking up my parking spaces. Some locals hate them but they are the same idiots who dislike ALL tourists. Want to see the value of the fresh blood of tourism, go to some of the cousin populated little towns on the coast that DON'T get tourists. You'll return from them and lay in the fetal postion in your room and rock and cry yourself to sleep.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you are in the Spirit of photography kirrrrrlin...I just signed you up for something...please don't despise me, just think of me as that cute little birdy that feeds at the birdfeeder...:) Now go to my blog and see what I have gotten you in too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures...but way too wordy. I lost my concentration about halfway thru the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it might be a sister ship to the cruise ship that docked here last month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice series of photos of the ship. And an 8x10 monitor? That does sound monstrous.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White