Monday, August 08, 2005

Carnies: Day 20. Last Day, Tear Down, and Farewell


Giant Wheel Crew

I find it nearly unfathomable, after witnessing the majestic efforts involved in spinning people around, letting them win some stuffed animals, and feeding them some fried dough, that these people are immediately turning around and doing it again in a few days. All I did was watch for a couple of hours each day and take pictures and *I* need a year to recover from it.

Carnies of Fiesta Shows/Bangor State Fair 2005, I salute thee. Thanks for making me feel so welcomed.

Carnies or family members: Please email me for any prints or access to more photos. If I pointed a camera at you at any point in the past 3 weeks, there is an image of you someplace.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures. It seems like a documentary. It looks like they were very comfortable with you shooting them. I may have to take some pics of ours when it coomes to town this October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a majestic series, too! I've been watching it for a whole now. I like how you respect these guys and it shows. Not just dumping on them like some people do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to perusing the book once you get it published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great serie JKirlin ! Love the human touch!
    Those guys have a hard life !
    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent as usual
    really getting in there and giving it back

    been checking out flickr as well, the water ride setup pretty amazing too...
    and the portraits; so much strong work
    (how'd the wedding go?)

    (sorry, my commenting skills have hit a low point at the moment)

    ReplyDelete

Jen White