Sunday, September 30, 2007

I CARE ABOUT THE MONEY!


Gentle Viewer and sister to my brother and I, daughter to my parents, and mother to my niece and nephew, bstout, saw me today and said "You ripped up a dollar bill for your blog???"

She was CLEARLY remembering the days back to when we were poor Sharecropping Tenant Farmers during the Depression.

"No," I replied, "It was technically 65 cents."

Now to comfort her I'll post this image of the worthless dollar and powerful Loonie THAT I TOOK MOMENTS AGO so she'll sleep tonight. It was all just a photo trick. Done with, umm...lighting..and..ummm..selective focus...and...moving right along.

I never ripped up the dollar. I respect money too much. Let me give you an example.

Last Monday the clutch on my Honda Civic EXPLODED AND BROKE (It didn't WEAR out, torekimi!) and needed to be replaced.

I called Gentle NonViewer and brother to my sister and I, son to my parents, and father to my niece and nephews (different ones, I swear) and asked how much it would cost because he knows things like this having been born long after us in the Industrial Age. "Twelve hundred bucks." he said.

Ok...now watch carefully...

1200 bucks for the clutch + 150 towing = 1350 bucks. Damn. That hurts.

Now the clutch REALLY only cost 662 bucks and I drove the car home by brilliantly speed shifting it saving 150 bucks.

So 1200 - 662 = 538 plus the 150 I saved = 688!

THAT IS LIKE MAKING almost 700 BUCKS!

The day before I paid 360 bucks for a Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens.

let's see 700 - 360 = 340!!!

I MADE 340 BUCKS AND got the lens for FREE!! Nice!

4 comments:

  1. I like your thinking JKirlin!! That's the same logic I use for not going out and getting a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, *I* spoke to the mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kind of thinking gets you in trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White