Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Canadian Exchange

Way back when the Canadian Dollar was trading at .65 US, I had an old, senile, Canadian fool tell me that he could recall when the Canadian Dollar was at PAR with the US Dollar.

"You can not you old, senile, Canadian fool." and I spit on the ground. (Being in Canada and all)

Then the old, senile, Canadian fool went on to tell me he could recall the day when it was HIGHER than the US Dollar and it would be again if things kept going like they were.

"That will never happen you old, senile, Canadian fool." I replied and spit AGAIN.

Today's exchange rate: 1 US Dollar = 1.0056 Canadian Dollars.

My humble apologies to the old, senile, Canadian fool.

I'm really worried now because he also said that each American president gets dumber than the last.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. When are you up for election?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey was that previous question an insult or a compliment? I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps there will be no more dollar. Perhaps there will be the 'amero'

    » http://www.xerraireart.com/blog/2007/10/05/good-bye-dollar/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared. I remember when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US. But we already knew I was a senile old fool. What I didn't know was it had come back again. Darn! Now it's not just Europe that is too expensive to travel to, it's Canada too. My last refuge of cheap travel without GI problems.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White