Saturday, November 26, 2005

THE HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE?????


THAT'S NOT EDITORIAL USE! THAT'S COMMERCIAL!

OOooOOOOOoOOOOooh...I get it now....

The LUCERNE INN didn't have a photo of itself suitable for use! The Snow Weasels! So now they get FREE copy from MEEEEE. Because I have photos of EVERYTHING!

In fairness to Bangor Metro I DID say "Sure, feel free to use it for anything you want" not thinking they'd want it for a PROMOTION!

I had this photo to show my photo editing skills. I took the photo and liked it but there was an El Camino in it.

"Anytime you take a photo and there is an El Camino in it. Your eye will be drawn to the El Camino." Henri Cartier Bresson told me that once.

So here is with the El Camino..and here is without.

Speaking of promotion, Marketing Media, one of the companies involved in Bangor Metro, used to be known as Marketing Media and Wellman. A rather grandiose title. Mark Wellman is the publisher of Bangor Metro and SUCH a promoter that years ago unbeknownst to him, myself and some friends in the radio business came up with our own promotional line for HIM that I've yet to see in print: "And on the 8th Day, Wellman created God."

3 comments:

  1. Once again, you are my hero. Very cool getting into print and getting credit.

    This image looks great, but a topiary El Camino would have been bitchin'. Oh well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL EL Caminos are bitchin, Senor. And if I had one I'd "sell heem for dollares"

    ReplyDelete

Jen White