Monday, March 31, 2008

your lowly and humble photographic subject.

As Regular Gentle Viewers know, The Thing of the Moment consists of 2662 posts with only 1 of me. (Regular Gentle Viewers keep track of such stats much like devoted baseball fans.) Others have appeared from time to time and then disappeared almost as soon as posted, just a little treat for the Feed Readers who eat me.

I have NOW dug into the extensive jkirlin self lovin photo archive of pictures of myself and found my 4 faves by OTHER photographers who I have BLATANTLY stolen them from. Behold, your lowly and humble photographic servent on the WRONG side of the lens.

photo © T U R N O R A M A

Photo © Mike Murphy of Whittling Fog (Added bonus, I'm on there AGAIN. Sneaky devil.)

Photo © Justin Russell of Pine Tree Photography


Photo © S. Patrick Kaine of What's Better Than This. (Who said to me, "Betcha can't bump your head against that cruise ship.")

8 comments:

  1. You left out the somewhat surreal self-portrait from the mirrored, rainbow shades. I really like that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Now how long is this post going to stay up? Should we start a betting pool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude!! I happen to know of a couple of GREAT images that were captured a couple of weeks ago, that have not seen the light here. What up with dat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murph: I'm saving that for the series of self portraits in sunglasses.

    laanba: It might be a while. I've had an enlightening.

    Chris and Ann: I didn't want to violate your copyright. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2:47 Two minutes, forty-seven seconds from the time I clicked the link to your blog, waiting for the 4 new photos to show, click the comment icon, wait for comment window, say "no" to the security question, & begin typing the message. Now 5 minutes have passed me by. Wow, what was I thinking boycotting high-speed Internet... garbage disposals, dish washers, garage door openers, & cable/sat television. My life is going to change, Friday, 8pm. (6:35) ugh! I'm not proofing this post, I can't possibly squander any more minutes of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Explanation of Ali B.

    The lovely Ali is finally entering the world of broadband. I forgot that some people still use dial up but I never dreamt they'd use it to view The Thing of the Moment which at Dial Up speeds is The Thing of the Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one hugely DEDICATED gentle viewer... am I not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO! Finally, the rest of the world can see what I see every day when I wake up.

    A picture of jkirlin - correction - a life sized picture of jkirlin on my bedroom ceiling.

    Now, you may call me weird - you may wonder "why?" - you may just stop reading this long comment - but STOP wondering - I love this man. I LOVE HIM!

    ReplyDelete

Jen White