Friday, August 17, 2007

Queen City Grange

In practically every town in Maine you can find a Grange Hall. You spot them and instantly know what they are. They are huge white structures with very cool names like Cosmic Grange or the Halcyon Grange. What surprised me is that they are still active. I thought they were all boarded up and apparently they are more than just Bingo Games and Potluck dinners.

I got a peek inside one today. I've been taking photos of them for an upcoming project and these guys were on the porch when I stopped. You sort of have to introduce yourself when they are looking right at you. The Bingo games help raise funds to keep the building going. They've been having a tough time lately due to the new slots joint and newer one currently being built.

But THIS is what the Grange Hall is REALLY for. I'd tell you what they do here but then I'd have to kill you. Let me just say, it involves NO human sacrafices.

And here is the very nice Queen City Grange Master Alvin Parsons. I THINK it's his name because I asked him for it about a dozen times and never wrote it down. For more information on The Maine State Grange you can click here. New members strongly encouraged.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jen White