Thursday, March 24, 2005


Repost: I received a telephone call from the local police 9pm the evening after taking this shot. They wanted me to know that an employee of the tank farm had called in my license plate number and that I wasn't doing anything wrong, but that I should understand how things are now. I sort of chuckled about it and told friends until I saw a posting once about protecting Photography in the Public Space or something and I posted the link to this on it. This in turn was picked up by several blogs with LOTS of traffic and my once quiet little blog started to get hundreds of hits per day. I received a few emails asking about 'being hassled' and 'losing our freedoms' but I never really saw it that way. More like we've become a nation of Gladys Kravitzs but I'm not convinced that's horrible. I've gotten more grief taking photos of buildings downtown by self important advocates for the homeless who tell me I ''better not' be taking pics of the homeless teens. (Please note, no pics of homeless teens.)
Posted by Hello

2 comments:

  1. WHAT'S WRONG W/ HOMELESS TEEN? I'M A HOMELESS TEEN. Just teasing. I'm not a homeless teen. I am neither homeless, nor a teen. But I would exploit them if I could because I'm still a deviant after all these years. But only if they were 18 because I'm not that deviant. Great pics, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as if the police were pretty cool, considering how they could have responded.

    Fucking Ashscroft.

    ReplyDelete

Jen White